March 2021, Openings and Closings (Boston & New England)

OK, let’s do this again, shall we? Both things that break down after a harsh year of woe and those others that boldly step into the brave new world of restauranting (spell check is trying to tell me that’s not a real term, but I refuse to believe it!) go right here.

3 Likes

New ramen joint in Central Square: Muku Ramen. 411 Mass Ave.

4 Likes

Jinny’s Pizza from Sycamore/Buttonwood/Little Big Diner team Dave Punch and Lydia Reichert opened today in Newton Centre. Can’t wait to try them but I’m bummed the arancini that were on the initial menu I saw weren’t on the menu today. Wood fired pizza a short walk away. Count me in!

5 Likes

They seem to be quite popular - just looked into ordering something for pick up and the next available time slot was in more than three hours - I guess we will be waiting until things calm down

1 Like

I was on the cocktail Zoom that Scott and David did on Jinny’s opening day and they mentioned they turned out 150 pizzas on the first night. Menu looks outstanding.

4 Likes

March openings bring a smile to my face.

Ice cream is first up. Kimball’s Ice Cream in Westford was open for pre-ordered pints this past weekend. Westford officially opens for ice cream on March 25. Other locations reopen on various dates in April.

Then comes Malaysian food. Penang is open in Waltham in the former Tiki House location. Too far from our radius for takeout, but will keep my fingers crossed that the fare will live up to my hopes for the day when my husband and I are okay with dining in again. (Yeah, for this cautious household that day will be a while yet. Yet, hope!)

5 Likes