March 2020 Openings and Closings [Boston and New England]

What’s up?

3 Likes

Just read that the Explorateur in downtown Boston is closing. I’ve never dined there, but they had a gorgeous back room for small/modest-sized events. While I can’t speak to the food, that this beautiful space is going to be taken over by Guy Fieri places is just maddening!

7 Likes

I am so with you!

1 Like

OFFS. I can’t put enough :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: in here.

And Eater’s Boston page says

Meanwhile, Chicken Guy is a chicken-centered fast-casual option; the seven existing locations are in malls and stadiums. Chicken Guy features chicken tenders brined in lemon, pickle, and buttermilk, served with a variety of sauces (yep, there’s Donkey Sauce) and sides."

So - they’re usually located in malls and stadiums, and Tremont Street is considered a good place? Hopefully both places will close as quickly as the NY location of the Kitchen & Bar site.

4 Likes

Maybe you can get Pete Wells to review it.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gustavo’s new location on Moody street in Waltham has officially open!

We tried to go last night (Saturday) as a walk in 2 top and couldn’t get it. The bar was packed, several open tables but of course no idea if bar patrons were waiting or reservations - and the hostesses told us “sorry”. So we turned around and went up the block to Brewer’s Tap and Table (which was also insanely packed that night).

Gustavo’s remake of the space looked nice from the quick view we had and we will give it a try again. But if anyone gets there I’d be curious if they are doing anything differently in the new space.

4 Likes

10 seconds shi miao dao yunnan rice noodle is opening on brook street in quincy

2 Likes

How is Brewer’s Tap and Table ?

1 Like

Toraya in Arlington posted this on their website:

Dear Customers,

We really appreciate your business!

One of our chefs will taking off from March 10 through April 30.

During this time we will be open lunch with a limited menu except on Saturday.

If you don’t see your favorite dish in the menu, please just ask our server.

We may be able to serve it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

TORAYA

5 Likes

I would say Brewer’s Tap and Table is that area’s best combo of beer selection (extensive rotating taps) and pretty good, moderately priced food. I don’t know that I’d travel far specifically to go there, but it has been a solid option for those of us in the general vicinity.

2 Likes

Base Crave has posted on Nextdoor.com that due to COVID19, they will be open only for takeout, no dine-in, for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

well that is an interesting development

esquite mexican street food is opening on shirley ave in revere

1 Like