Manresa Bread, Los Altos is now open

Posting for those who are interested. Opened yesterday. 271 State St., Los Altos.

Does anyone have high recommendations for any of their items? I tried a few things a couple of years ago from their farmer’s market stand but didn’t find them distinctive. Not sure if I tried the wrong items since there seems to be fans out there.

Elena Kadvany said in her PA Online article that Askinosie chocolate will be sold in this location.

I go to the Los Gatos store every weekend for the levain and the seeded wheat and think the breads are really special. Slightly sour. The LG location is a real meeting place in the town and fun to go to too which increases its appeal.

2 Likes

I got some a month ago at the California Ave farmers market on a sunday morning. We don’t eat enough bread to buy loves usually, so I ate some and froze some, and just recently came to the end of it. It’s a good loaf, especially for those lamenting how all the sour loaves ( ACME! ) are getting less sour.

Skeptical New Yorkers: Manresa head baker is baking West Coast style bagels at the campbell location this week: