Manchester to host next Michelin awards ceremony

To be held on 5 February.

Location will be the city’s Midland Hotel. Local press speculation suggests that the venue may well mean that, at long last, its restaurant “Adam Reid at The French” will be recognised with an award. But I won’t be holding my breath - regular readers of this sub-forum may recall that, on a number of occasions, I’ve written that Adam is star worthy. By the by, the original French held a star between 1974 - 1977. The city was then starless until Mana (where we returned for dinner last week) picked up an award in 2019. There’s press gossip that it might now be in line for a second star.

6 Likes

Happy New year, John.
As you know, I wasn’t keen on The French. You have to admit it would be hilarious if it didn’t get a star, when hosting the event :slight_smile: Looks like it is nailed on, though…

Happy New Year to you, mate.

Nope. No new 1* for Manchester. I reckon Reid will never get one now.

1 Like

Wow. He must be proper gutted, having hosted it. Time for him to move location ?

If he wants stardom, then I agree. I reckon Mana must have also been gutted not to get a second. As the Manchester Evening News had it “Manchester snubbed yet again”.

1 Like

He is in the process of doing so.

Intriguing ! Where to…and how do you know ?

Very upsetting :slight_smile:
Was in the temple of rain last night and walked past Wood - it actually looked quite busy for once ! An improvement being reported or just pre Valentines weekend craziness ? To be fair that dreadful looking /super brightly lit Italian on the corner of Oxford Road and St Peters Square also looked chocker, so that might have been it…

That Italian is never, but never, busy. We pass it on the tram whenever we’re coming in to the city and it always looks desolate.