[Manchester, city c entre] Sicilian NQ - the dinner that never was

We like to try new restaurants, so were looking forward to having dinner at Sicilian NQ. Located on Turner Street, in the Northern Quarter, it describes itself as a “friendly neighbourhood bistro”. And there was a good looking short menu of Italian food. Just our sort of place. However, as soon as we walked through the door, we realised we’d made a mistake. Instead of “normal” restaurant furniture, virtually every table was the high type you see folk standing at in bars. And seating was bar stools. This was not going to be a comfy experience for our old bones. And, no, it isn’t a bar – every table was set out for eating. Still, we were shown to our table. And we hoicked ourselves up the stool – in itself not an easy job as tables are close together, so no room to easily manoeuvre ourselves into position. And then we realised just how difficult it was going to be to eat, with the table top being at upper chest height. Nah, not going to work for us. So, we climbed down again, apologised to the server and left.

10 Likes

The server should have apologised to you for the lack of reasonable seating!

2 Likes

What did you have instead?
I would have gotten take-out, but I think I remember you are not a fan of take-out / takeaway for most restaurant food.

2 Likes

I would have done the same thing. I hate that type of seating!

1 Like

Once out on the street, we were considering what to do and Mrs H said “let’s see if the Northern Quarter Restaurant has a table”. It was only a couple of minutes walk and they did - which was a bit of a surprise as, even midweek, they are usually busy.

7 Likes

Very nice. I am glad the evening turned out.

1 Like

You sure did not lose out! That TNQ dinner sounds wonderful!!

2 Likes