(Manchester) Avalanche

We decided to go to Avalanche during the 50% January sale.

We definitely enjoyed it. We had

• Costata di Vitello alla Piemontese (ordinarily £20.95)
    Veal chops served over asparagus finished in a creamy mushroom truffle sauce
    This was one chop, perfectly grilled with a delicious sauce. We ate it between us and it was plenty
  • Ravioli aragosta (ordinarily £15.95)
    Lightly poached lobster ravioli, cray fish, cherry tomatoes finished in a creamy sauce
    I ate only a couple because I have a shellfish allergy that lurks and leaps out at me every once in a while. The ravioli were tender and the filling was very nice. this would have been nice in a lighter lemon sauce but it was delicious

We also shared a plate of mixed desserts - a tiramisu, a piece of chocolate cake and cheesecake with some chocolate and strawberry ice cream. This was a bit disappointing but only because if I’m going to have dessert I want something OTT gloopy and scrumptious and this was a bit tame. When it comes to dessert, bring on the excesses!

The space is really nice. Interesting icicle décor - is that the only Avalanche theme? - and a nice open kitchen. The service was very attentive and helpful. I’d go back and skip the dessert next time.

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Making noodles. Phongdien Town, Cantho City, Southern Vietnam.
Credit: CiaoHo