Mama Dag's Oyster House - Oceanport NJ

Please take one for the team and try the PULPO!!! :octopus:
Also, the olive oil cake.
This is important research, imo. TYIA

2 Likes

No time for dessert. I had to fish and chips. Best ever! My DW had the Connecticut lobster roll and thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ll try the Polpo next time.

3 Likes

Menu def looks promising and prices seem fair. Will have to add this to list

Full disclosure - in a previous lifetime I did accounting. auditing and financial analysis work. Maybe I’m missing something here as I’ve only had one cup of coffee but why would anyone order The Skip or The titanic when ordering by the piece is much less. Is there something on those platters that the menu omitted?

3 Likes

You are definitely correct based on the page and based on my math it’s not even close. It’s a lot cheaper to order by the piece like less than half the price. Something must be left off the description like a couple of lobsters…

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I surely was missing something. It slightly annoys me when restaurants make a platter that comes out equal to buying the components separately but making cost more - that’s just crazy!

1 Like

I was just there for some Little Necks and Sauvignon Blanc. I asked the guy next to me at the bar to check our math on the not cheaper by the dozen offerings, and the manager behind the bar overheard us, laughed and said “yes, we are aware, the guy who made the menus made a mistake”. That’s why pencils have erasers I guess.

4 Likes

So how was it? Hopefully positive experience?

Tiny clams, but big pours. One for two.

1 Like

I’m not a good proofreader as you’ll note by my many typos but getting the prices so wrong makes me wonder about their attention to detail in other areas.

5 Likes

Just a FYI, this topic has been merged with prior threads on this location, so posts might seem out of order due to the merging of the two. Thank you.

(Not directed at Wizard directly)

4 Likes

1 Like

I love you so much for this!!

1 Like

I contacted Mama Dag’s through FB last week. They hadn’t posted any updates on FB since October and I wasn’t sure they were open. No website. On FB, no menu and no events posted even though friends were going to see a musician friend play there that night. I asked about this and Mama Dag’s replied: “There is not a website for Oceanport yet we are still in soft opening till the spring.” Everything abut this place has been wonky. I do hope that we’ll see them in April.

2 Likes

WOW. Just… wow.

1 Like

I find myself saying this a lot more these days, not just about food.

4 Likes

Absolutely if the service is poor or screaming kids no matter how good the food is it’s a big pass for me, also cleanliness really matters too.

1 Like

That phrase covers SO MUCH!!

1 Like