MA Pike to around Springfield, MA

Over the next year give or take, I am going to be heading out towards Springfield several times and was wondering if there were any recommendations for gourmet shops, casual, takeout places, etc. Recs preferred for the general Springfield area as well as along the MA pike starting passed Framingham. Thanks.

B.T.'s Smokehouse in Sturbridge for the best BBQ I have had in MA.

(Peter Sward) #3

@uni beat me to it so I can only second B.T’s.

West Springfield has the old school classic that is White Hut for hamburgers.

my husband goes out to springfield for work 2 or 3 times a year - he always goes here: https://chefwaynes-bigmamou.com. said it’s not in the best part of town but he likes the food alot and it’s something different! enjoy. :slight_smile:

Thank you. It does look interesting.

A few months ago, I tried BTs and was disappointed. I got a beef rib and thought it just tasted like smoke. Too much smoke hid any flavor of the meat.

I don’t know why I didn’t know that. It just go put at the top of my list. Thanks.

Another great stop off is the Tree House Brewery in Charlton. While it’s not specifically food related, they do often have food trucks and are making pizzas from their wood fired oven on the weekends. Even if you’re not a beer person, anyone in your life who is will deeply appreciate you stocking in some of the best beer around for them.

I’ll check it out. Thanks.