Lunch Reco [Providence, RI]

Wife and I scored 70mm IMAX tickets to Oppenheimer in a few weeks and are looking for a good lunch spot to go to prior to the movie

I was leaning towards maybe having us hit up the Greek spot Kleos but I figured I’d open it up since I’m still learning the ins and outs of the Providence dining scene

1 Like

As the loudmouth native Rhode Islander here, I feel embarrassed not to have a current recommendation for you especially because it sounds like you won’t have kids in tow so it’s kinda special occasion-y. My old old standbys are probably too casual and will be a let-down. Providence is a cool town. Even if the place you decide on doesn’t have the greatest food, it’ll be fun and friendly.

Enjoy the movie — I totally want to see it. Gonna be ridiculous in 70 mm IMAX.

3 Likes

I accidentally deleted my post and have asked the mods to reinstate it (I had no recommendations so you’re missing anything @JeremyK). I’m woozy with jet lag right now. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Good guess - correct, we’re dumping the kiddo at the in-laws and looking to have both lunch and dinner in Provi. We’re headed to Aguardente for dinner which we’re excited about but lunch doesn’t have to be a big ordeal; something good is all we want. We may just go back to one of our favorites, Apsara, but would be open to something new to us as well

2 Likes

If you want a fast tasty bite for lunch, you could do a lot worse than Tallulah’s Taqueria. I have only been to the one on Ives St in the Brown area (outdoor seating only) but there is another location in the Fox Point area that has inside sit down.

1 Like

Been there - decent spot and patio :slight_smile:

How about Dune Brothers for some great casual seafood – lobster rolls, fish and chips, clamcakes…

2 Likes

That sounds great however - and you had no way of knowing - we don’t eat seafood or fish (allergies)

Heard good things about that place though!

1 Like

If the jaunt to PVD hasn’t happened yet, I’ll throw out some old favorites for lunch, Wara Wara (close to Apsara on Hope St) and Nick’s on Broadway in my old 'hood. If it’s a nice day, the patio at Narragansett Brewery is a chill way to spend a couple of hours. Food wasn’t anything to write home about, though (our visit was last year).

2 Likes

Ooooh was just revisiting the thread a few minutes ago and looking at options. Will 100% take those under advisement.

I went to Nick’s years ago and didn’t love it but a second chance could be worthwhile - although it’s fairly expensive IIRC

Either way these are much appreciated!

1 Like