Lunch rec for SF on a Monday

Love Lers Ros. Might be time to go back.

Unfortunately in that area quite common in the moment

I consider it interesting.

Just wear thick rubberized boots and you’re fine

I agree with Saigon Sandwich, and Brenda’s — both excellent. And yes, as others have said more explicitly, there’s lots of meth, etc., in this neighborhood. Walking up Larkin, I would take the right side, avoiding the left — especially right after / above the federal building. That section of street has been awful for years — and recently it’s often even worse.

2 Likes

Yeah, that area’s been depressing since the first time I visited in '97.

I don’t know when you were here the last time but it has gotten much worse the last 2-3 years

1 Like

+1 for Brenda’s

Definitely check hours-- lots of SF places are closed on Mondays, e.g., Mong Thu, which I’d otherwise recommend.

A La Turca used to be very good, but it’s been ages since I’ve eaten there. Huh, De Afghanan Kabob House moved to FiDi.

1 Like

Downtown SF has changed much in those eight years - and not for the better

Sad and truly shameful. But we got safely into our hotel.

Tomorrow, the tough task of choosing from everyone’s great recommendations :slight_smile:

Brenda’s is looking pretty good, but of course I wish I were in town for longer than just 24 hours…

4 Likes

My favorite lunch when we used to stay in Noe Valley was getting sandwiches from Bi-rite market and walking over to Dolores park and enjoying the (usually) nice weather and people watching.

1 Like

That sounds wonderful for a sunny day, but it’s raining & I’m sandwiched out for the foreseeable future - had them for lunch & “dinner” while traveling).

Amazed it’s raining up there. 75 and sunny in Santa Barbara! Also love the Burma Superstar on Valencia and of course La Taqueria on Mission.

1 Like

Where did you end up ?

Lers Ros… we were the first lunch guests, so we probably didn’t need a rez after all :wink:

Got the grilled pork shoulder salad and the roast duck laab. Both very good, but not as amazing as I remember. Super-friendly service.

Turned out to be a really nice day, so we bopped around the Haight & Castro for most of the afternoon.

9 Likes

Is that your only meal here? I like Souvla on 517 Hayes. Casual Greek, fantastic salads with rotisserie chicken pieces, great potatoes.

Souvla. there are a few different locations

Thanks, but I’m long gone. Hope it helps others :wink:

i wonder why it just showed up in our news feed?

I have absolutely no idea how notifications/news feed works on this site. I just look at whatever’s new/latest.

1 Like