Lunch at La Valentina, Long Branch

Holy shit you were right cj. I can’t believe I went my whole life without experiencing a Mexican Cubano. I mean just look at this epic cross section!!

This one was from plaza Garibaldi in asbury park… now I have to hunt out others places that make this.

The Torta Cubana at Gabby’s in New Brunswick has hot dogs, chorizo, ham, fried breaded beef, and Oaxaca cheese, then come the veggies including avocado and jalapeno. Not that I would know.

Maybe you should have it for lunch tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Dude the papagallos version will impress! Trust me on this. Nice pic too.

Just don’t except to be too active after eating this thing. I want to just sleep after tackling it. Lol

Another Garibaldi Cubano. Tasty!

1 Like

How long did it take you to get your order? The speed and service here has been shit the last few times I went, I stopped going. Got a cubano from Panchos and Juanchos, it was very good but slightly egg heavy. They do Columbian food too.

Less than 10 minutes to get the sandwich

Unfortunately that was my one and only experience there. Now with Local Smoke right up the street, I have no reason to even try again. I LOVE Local Smokes chicken![quote=“corvette_johnny, post:3, topic:6479”]

I think I’d be down for a taco crawl.
[/quote]
Taco’s ain’t really my thing, but I would love to tag along!

Jr I just flew back tonight from tx and my mom picked me up from ewr. I brought her to local smoke for dinner and she was really impressed.

I ordered her the half bird but they were sold out. I got her the pulled chicken, mac n cheese and chili brussell sprouts. She jokingly said “wow I don’t know why I will cook for your dad anymore when this is so close”…lol. :smile:

So you’re right as usual…pay extra but get some good juicy chicken. So mom is officially a local smoke fan! My stomach was kind of whacked out I think from some duck tacos in san antonio so I just went for a few delicious smoked jalapeños.

1 Like