Lunch at ICOB [Burlington, MA]

Finally checked out Island Creek Oyster Bar, suburban edition. Attractive, light, airy space, very much reminiscent of the Fenway location. Pleasant service. Food was excellent all around - bread and butter without asking, mussels for the table, oyster mushroom campanelle for me, burger with fried oysters for dad, Maine salmon atop lentils for mom (spring onion shared this with grandmom). The one “meh” was B’s fish tacos. I had tried to change his mind and he regretted it - it was fine in flavors, but weirdly skimpy on fish. Luckily, dad’s burger was so big the guys split it and happiness was restored. My French white was, as to be expected at ICOB, excellent and B loved his beer from Medusa. No problem getting a table on a Saturday at 1 pm, though I don’t think that will be the case this summer. Small outdoor dining area that was being set up. I foresee many lunches in our future here.

We were celebrating but also raising a glass to a dear departed friend. RIP my friend. You left us too soon.

5 Likes

We went there for lunch on a weekend as well. I really liked the interior and we had great service. I’m trying to remember what we had . . . . oysters for starter (great) - I had an oyster bahn mi - very enjoyable . . . . can’t remember what SO had . . . but agree, we will be back.

2 Likes

Snuck away for lunch yesterday while spring onion was in school and B was WFH. Sat at the bar (first time bar-eating in probably 6 months or more) and had great service. Striped bass collar with kimchee (so moist and flavorful), really delicious clam chowder (I normally don’t do cream-based soups), fish sandwich (B could eat only half and ate the other half for dinner…he described it as an “elevated McFish” in the best way possible). The only misstep was the spicy broccoli side which we thought was going to be roasted but came out steamed and looking like grandma’s version of veggies. Not spicy enough for us, either.

4 Likes