Lunch 2023 (!)

I’ve been denied the sight. Ours here are no bigger than my thumb. Sad!

Oh, strange. I’ve never seen such small king oysters! They’re really expensive in Germany for some reason, but the Asian grocer here sells them for dirt cheap.

There are 3 sizes available near me (nyc): giant ones (half the size of my forearm) in Chinatown, medium ones (half that size - say 2-3 fingers wide and 1 finger long, with a slightly bigger cap than the jumbos) in Chinatown and Korean stores, baby ones at Korean stores and Whole Foods.

That one is a trout caviar and it was fantastic. No dyes or anything like that, just roe and salt. I got it from a Sainsbury’s but I’m pretty sure they’re only in Britain.

I used to have salmon caviar a lot growing up I think and that one was also good but I’d definitely recommend the trout one if you can find it.

Pandemic Leftovers Chili. Gotta clear out the cupboard. I never put beans in my chili, but there was a pandemic can of Bush’s chili beans headed for extinction, and a packet of some kind of organic chili seasoning - so - add to a pound of ground chuck that was at its use-by date, a chopped onion, a can of RoTel’s chopped tomatoes, a shovel of garlic powder, some tomato paste, a splash of beer, and whatever else my hand bumped into in the spice cabinet and … desperation in a mug. It didn’t kill me. And yes, that’s a wooden soup spoon.

6 Likes

Second meal of the day, so I guess this goes here: brisket quesadilla from our favorite local taco slinger. A ginormous portion of cheesy, meaty, crispy deliciousness. Half of it came back home with us bc we’re not flippin’ linebackers :joy:

8 Likes

I am now wiping drool off my keyboard. Thanks :slight_smile: The salad I had for lunch pales in comparison…

1 Like

It was the perfect food to mop up last night’s martini & wine :wink:

2 Likes

First ever brunch at Costco!
3 dogs, 3 pops and we split fries and gravy = $8.90!!
The soft serve ice cream, which was the size of a small child, was something ridiculous like $2.50 and this is all in CAD.
I don’t shop there in person very often(don’t have a membership, my sisters do) but when I do, I’ll always try to squeeze in lunch :slight_smile: I also hear their pizza is pretty tasty.

9 Likes

Soft serve ice cream at Costco?!? Why did I not know this?! This is why I joined HO :wink: Note to self to buy some on my next trip there.

2 Likes

Very tasty! Humongous portions, could easily spilt for 2 ppl, but I wolfed it down like a champ~ :smiley:

2 Likes

I will save my appetite then and eat strategically :grinning: Ice cream first then shop/sample after.

2 Likes

We shopped in-between Lunch and dessert, so we could walk off some of the calories :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t know that either. Woo hoo!

2 Likes

I knew they had soft serve.

But on a waffle cone? Holy shit, batman!

1 Like

I’m planning a visit now …

1 Like

And for only $2.50-ish CAD!!!

2 Likes

“Second Breakfast”? What’s for " Elevenses"?

1 Like

Day 16 of medical leave - In which I learn that potato skins make superlative tacos.

13 Likes

Keep on healing!:+1:

2 Likes