Los Yaquis opening Precita Park location! (SF Bernal)

A small location on Folsom Street, across from the Precita Park bus station, is about to become a Los Yaquis. Their first location, on South Van Ness, has Jaliscan specialties, botanas, aguachile, tortas.

I’ll update this post when I get a sense of the opening date, menu, and hours – – it’s a sleepier neighborhood, so I’m guessing they’re not going to be open till 1 AM on weekends like their other location.

2 Likes

Nice! That’s super convenient for me compared to the original location.

Me too! I haven’t been to the S. Van Ness location in years. I live close by and expect I’ll be eating there a few times a month.

I peeked in-- it’s under construction, so it’ll probably be several months before it opens.

Soft-opening next Wednesday, probably mid-day. Regular hours, everyday, will be 7am-10pm.

I’ve had two meals here and everything has been great. The pricier menu and plating distinguishes it from the bulk of Mexican restaurants along 24th or in La Lengua, and for a comparably priced menu, the options are much more interesting to me than those at nearby Hillside Supperclub. There isn’t a kids menu, but if you ask, they’ll make your kid a quesadilla with a side of rice and (really good) beans.

Tortillas (and gorditas) are made to order from La Palma’s regular or blue corn masa, and chips and tostadas are also from La Palma.

La Palma’s colored tortillas chips for the guacamole.

For our salty, stretchy pleasure, queso fundido with chorizo.

Bone marrow given the elote treatment, with a generous amount of corn.

Fantastic beef Milanesa, just as tender but taller than I’ve had before. crisp and not oily crust.

Generous amount of meat and hominy in the posole.

Chicken guidado tacos. A safe choice for our kid, but will do the gorditas next time, which are the same price/filling.

Bistec a la tamiquena FTW: skirt steak, guacamole, grilled salty (panela?) cheese, chicken enchiladas, grilled chili, corn and grilled onions, fresh masa quesadilla.

Flan.

5 Likes

Nice. How’s the guisado filling for the tacos?

I only took a small bite, and unadorned by onion or cilantro, and it didn’t leave much of an impression. Will report more next time if that’s the guisado of the day—- it rotates and there’s always a vegetarian option too.

The fresh tortillas that accompany other dishes by default are made from fresh masa that’s mixed with mole.

The bone marrow is great, but for an everyday appetizer, queso fundido with chorizo is my favorite. The aguachile gets points for spiciness, but it’s lacks a complex flavor.

Also, tacos are finally on the menu, not just at happy hour. They’re $4 each.

2 Likes

Chile en nogada is a special today. Menu now includes tacos and burritos, and they have outdoor seating.

3 Likes