Los Corrales Mexican Restaurant - Keyport, NJ

Went to Los Corrales Mexican Restaurant in Keyport Two days in a row! (Across from the 7-11).

I had a hankering for some al pastor tacos, and ended up here. Based upon the appearance of the restaurant, I wasn’t expecting much. Don’t get me wrong, the place was clean, but if you could have negative ambiance points, I think they would earn it. But I think that just means you don’t have to get dressed up to go here.

I’m so glad I tried it. I got take out. The al pastor tacos were so flavorful and rich. Spicy green Verde Salsa was intense. Great flavor with the fresh herbs. I’m a guy who likes about zero spice in my food, but I kept going back for more even though my mouth was burning.

In the al pastor, they fry the onions instead of going the “traditional” route of raw onions and chunks of pineapple in the meat. Really is a nice touch.

I also tried the steak taco (great) and the chicken (nicely done, but def needed the salsa to kick it up).

From reading their yelp reviews, it seems that sometime between the opening of the restaurant and now, it had changed hands and now the food is much better.

Based upon my experience the last two nights, I will be enjoying working my way throughout the menu.

1 Like