Looking for the type of ribs pictured below ... must purchase by Friday 9/16, 9/17 am the latest

They are $2.39 a lb this week.
In regards to RD, I have only been to the Mount Vernon location. The neighborhood looks worse than
it is, very industrial. RD has a parking lot, take a valium if you plan to use it, street parking is very tough but not impossible. The warehouse is extremely cold, prices are all over the place. Lots of shitty frozen pre fab restaurant food but a very nice fish department, think dry scallops, with great pricing and great pantry items also a very interesting section with some good prices on kitchen/cookwareā€¦ I could spend hours in there.
I would recommend shopping with a friend who has similar tastes, so that you could split certain items if necessary.

Iā€™ll let you know if I get approved and we can have a HO meet-up! BTW, good to know that the ribs are still at Costco and less expensive than two weeks ago - I think I have room for another package in the freezer!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one I was planning to visit, although now that I look, the Port Chester location might be convenient due to its proximity to 287. I also realized that the Maspeth location is close to where I used to live in Queens - why didnā€™t I join ages ago??? :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been to both, and port chester is definitely my go to. Parking lot is huge, not sketchy and easy to get to.

The produce dept is the part that excites me the most (makes grocery stores quality look like amateurs, and is dirt cheap). They do have an incredible spread of products, and the prices are definitely hit or miss depending on what youā€™re getting.

Hereā€™s septemberā€™s monthly sales flyer http://www.restaurantdepot.com/BranchFlyers/sep16_ny.pdf

2 Likes

Personally, I donā€™t care for Restaurant Depot. I have found that the items I am interested in, especially meats, donā€™t have very good prices. Actually they are comparable to retail. I have had an account there for around ten years. Been to the place a few dozen times, but rarely buy anything. (I have an app that I use to compare prices.) They are ok when making bulk purchases, but I find the prices are better at Costco for many products. Also much of the time I find the quality at RD is lacking.

1 Like

Interesting. The flyer I looked at had some meats at excellent prices, but some comparable to Costco. I will definitely report my findings if I manage to get in!

Just reading this now and noticed the discussion on Restaurant Depot ā€¦ just FYI anyone can go and request a one day free membership, they give you a little piece of paper with a code on it that you show to the cashier. You donā€™t need to show proof of having a business.

3 Likes

Thank you

chowdom, where did you end up going?

Were the ribs good?:meat_on_bone:

Just an update - Iā€™m in! I tried first at the Mt. Vernon location with only a copy of my tax return showing the EIN, and that wasnā€™t sufficient. They required something official from the IRS, but gave me a day pass. I called the IRS and had them fax me a verification of EIN letter, and took that to Port Chester the following week. That worked, and now Iā€™m a card carrying member!

BTW, I agree that the Port Chester location is MUCH nicer than the Mt. Vernon location in terms of cleanliness, layout, location and parking; however, the selection seemed a bit smaller, especially in the seafood department. Both were an absolute nightmare when it came to checking out - I donā€™t think they hire anyone who isnā€™t half brain-dead. Still, itā€™s a fun place to shop and I am looking forward to checking out more of their offerings.