Long weekend trip [Mamaroneck NY]

Spent the last few days at my brother’s in Westchester County NY (Mamaroneck). A lot of chaotic fun for the cousins especially (3 kids 8.5 yo and under).

Saturday lunch half-way in Wallingford at hubby B’s favorite, Archie Moore’s. Huge Buffalo chicken nachos for him, more than decent cheese quesadilla for me, and a properly cooked medium kid’s burger for Spring Onion. Too dark inside for photos, not that photos of a huge pile of nachos is necessary. :laughing:

Saturday dinner at home of salmon and steak tips all wrapped in ssam (lettuce) with rice and dabs of gochujang/doenjang/sesame oil. I sautéed mushrooms in butter and miso paste and my brother grilled some potato wedges.

IMG_4328

Sunday lunch was at my brother’s pool club—very good wood-fired pizza from Pizza Vitale. Forgot to take photos.

Big Italian-American Sunday dinner at 25 North. There were 2 orders of the seafood pasta for 2, linguine with soft-shell crab, chicken sciarpello, 2 kid’s steak and fries, Italian grilled cheese sandwich for another kid. On Sundays, by request, they let kids into the kitchen to make ice cream sundaes. Fun and festive meal out on the big patio under the tent. Great service.

IMG_4330

IMG_4331

IMG_4332

IMG_4333

IMG_4334

IMG_4335

Monday lunch of lots leftovers. We pre-ordered sushi and wild seafood platters from Fjord Larchmont the previous day and picked up Monday at 5 pm. Impeccably fresh and wonderful. Got some delicious inexpensive wines from Winetasters down the street. Ice cream cones from Carvel down the street from my brother’s.

We came back home today (the 4th) after breakfast and lazing around until noon.

IMG_2796

IMG_2795

5 Likes