London - nr the Roundhouse and/or Marylebone

Morning all

Off to a gig at the Roundhouse ( Chalk Farm ) on Saturday. A slightly odd start time of 5pm ( don’t ask ) so looking for somewhere reliable for a late lunch. Absolutely does not need to be high end, but you know how it is, if I’m going to be eating pizza or a burger or Lebanese or pasta (or anything in the middle of the day, I want it to be the best it can be. So, any casual places near there ? We are staying across town nr Marylebone so if better options abound at that end of the tube line, that’s fine.
Finally, am dropping my mate back as St Pancras late afternoon Sunday - so anywhere near there ? I’ve seen glimpses of suggestions that the Kings Cross area has undergone a renaissance , but that always feels illusory/like spin up here in the frozen North.
All ideas gratefully received.
PS any decent places for a late night drink nr Marylebone/Oxford Street ? By late I mean around midnight as gig finishes at 11 ( yes, six hours, don’t ask :slight_smile: ) - again somewhere casual would be ideal as we will be in jeans n trainers mode.
Thanks in advance

3 Likes

For the gig at The Roundhouse, I’d go Malaysian at Mamak Don in Camden

Mamak Don

https://g.co/kgs/GVrs9Ua

For the St Pancras drop off it’s absolutely worth the 20 min walk ( 1 stop on the Piccadily line to closest tube station at Russell Square but long walk to the platforms at Kings X and lifts ar Russell Sq , so as quick to walk) get great X’ian food at Master Wei

Master Wei

6 Likes

Not a London local, but rather a regular visitor. Don’t know Camden well, so I’d go for lunch in Marylebone. Which tube station is nearest to your hotel? There is a lot of choice in this area, just use google maps.

I like Le Relais de Venise de l’Entrecote, which is busy most of the times. Just take into account waiting times as it’s always crowded. The Boris bike is an easy way to transfer from Marylebone to Camden by the way, did that a few years ago.

As for drinks after your gig, I’d just connect with some locals you like and go with them. There is so much choice in London even if you’re wearing jeans and trainers, from Chiltern Firehouse in Marylebone to the several Soho Houses across town, to even some fancy hotel cocktailbar. Don’t rule out Soho which is nearby and has some good bars.

St Pancras. Don’t know the area well, but it seems a wasteland. Last year I went to the nearby Mexican restaurant Decimo which has beautiful views over London. Otherwise, Farringdon is just less than ten minutes away by tube/taxi, offering amongst others the Italian restaurant Brutto.

3 Likes

Thanks both
Will see what I can persuade my mate to sample and report back if we go to any of these places !

2 Likes

It’s difficult recommending places without knowing more about what you like. But I just remembered a place that I think will be to your liking.

It’s Old Street Records in Shoreditch, the area where a lot of the London alternative crowd goes to, and probably a 15 minute taxi drive away from Camden. It’s a bar with live music and a separate area with a dj. Had one of the most fun nights there in London.

2 Likes