[London] Full English breakfast at The Ivy Soho Brasserie

I’d always been impressed by the original Ivy in Covent Garden, with its telepathic wait-staff and impeccable cooking, so was curious about its newish (to me) one-and-a-half-year-old Soho outpost when I walked past it the other day. But I didn’t have time for lunch or dinner anymore before I leave London for this trip, so I decided there & then to pop in for breakfast instead.

Beautiful space here, echoing some of the features at the sumptiously-renovated Covent Garden mainstay.

Had the full English. Absolutely loved it: smoked streaky bacon, Cumberland herbed sausages, fried eggs, black pudding, roasted plum tomatoes, grilled flat mushrooms and baked beans, comes with a choice of white, granary or gluten-free toast (£13.50). Juices hover around £3.95 upwards, whilst coffee was £3.25.

Despite its pronounced elegance and luxury fittings, the place exudes a relaxed vibe. Wait-staff are suitably formal & very efficient.

Address
The Ivy Soho Brasserie
26-28 Broadwick Street
Soho, London W1F 8JB, UK
Tel: +44 20 3301 1166
Opening hours:
Mon-Sat 8am-12 midnight
Sun 9am-11pm

7 Likes

whoa! expensive FEB. worth it? :slight_smile:

Pricey it may be, but I do like the look of that breakfast menu (PDF). Toasted crumpets with Marmite, mustard, and parsley butter! Granary toast with chopped avocado, roast tomatoes, poached eggs, and sesame dressing! And a decent tea selection too.

2 Likes

In addition to the various Ivy locations and The Delaunay, are there other upscale fry-ups you’d recommend near Soho or Covent Garden?

Leaning towards trying the Ivy one of the 2 days I’ll have breakfast in London.
I’ve been to The Wolseley a few times, when I’ve stayed closer to Mayfair.
Thanks for any ideas.