[London , Covent Garden, Soho and Bloomsbury] Rules, Ivy Soho Brasserie, Zima, Bonnie Gull Seafood Shack, GAIL's Kitchen

Crab salad and grouse at Rules in Covent Garden.
Herring in a fur coat, bread and tisane at Zima in Soho.
Veggie Breakfast with grilled halloumi at the Ivy Soho Brasserie.
Tempura oyster, haddock and chips at Bonnie Gull in Soho.
Fried egg, mushrooms, spinach and goat curd at GAIL’s Kitchen (connected to to the GAIL’s Bakery chain, no photo, around 6.5 GBP)
I may add more details later.

20180912_132036

9 Likes

Is it just me side-eyeing the tomatoes in that crab salad? Why have they left the nasty hard green bit in?

1 Like

Agreed, plus they didn’t take care that each slice was “good side” up. But oh those haddock and chips…

1 Like

The greenish tomatoes were ripe, but some sort of green heritage tomato . The other side would have looked the same. Not nasty or hard, but maybe not photogenic. Rules doesn’t focus much on plating, and it doesn’t bother me. The food tastes good.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t mean the green tomatoes. I meant the core that you can see in the red slice in the top right. Normally you’d not serve that part.

2 Likes

Rules popped up in my Facebook feed today, @Harters

1 Like

We’d planned to go for lunch a few weeks back but I hadnt been feeling well. Train is a couple of hours each way and reasonably priced if we book ahead. Makes a day trip doable - whereas dinner also involves an overnight hotel, so costs mount. Hopefully, travel will be OK again in the autumn - which will be even better for Rules as it will be game season.

2 Likes