[Livingston, LA] Wayne's BBQ

A lucky lunchtime find. This is the real deal for BBQ.

We were on I-12 and getting hungry. Even so, chain places didn’t appeal and we spotted Wayne’s on one of those signs you get before the Interstate exits.

Those overly fussy about shabby places will immediately turn on their heel and give this place a miss. It certainly could do with a good clean and coat of paint. But, get over yourself about cleanliness and think of the food.

We each ordered a sandwich deal, which included one side and drink. So, that was one beef and one pork. The pork was chopped, rather than pulled, giving it a nice chew. I’d been asked if I wanted anything on it and the lady reeled off a long list of salady and other things. I settled on just a very tangy mustard and pickled onions. It reminded me of a South Carolina style of BBQ.

The beef, just with dill pickle, was most and flavoursome. And a very generous portion. The side salad looked as though it hadn’t been thoroughly washed and looked a bit past its prime. Most of it was left. But, that aside, absolutely no complaints.

2 Likes