Livin’ On Taco 🌮 Time...

Two “hmms”

Looked at the gates and barred windows on Garcia’s windows & doors;
looked at their business hours. hmm…

1 Like

When I get off the plane in San Jose del Cabo headed for the house in Los barrilla’s we stop by a little stand and get what they call a burrito which is a flour tortilla with beef or pork with chilies and onions that’s it and a few modelo’s. I’ve never found in the rule parts of Mexico what we as Americans think of as burritos there more like taquitos.what we think of as a burrito full of everything you can think of is a more of a Cal-Mex or Tex-Mex concoction.

1 Like

We were in San Antonio earlier this year… Checking out restaurants for dinner showed that most hole in the wall Mexican places like this one were only open from early morning until afternoon. So that’s not unusual.

As far as the bars on door and windows. Here in Texas that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad neighborhood. At least not during daylight hours. Obviously Texas Monthly thinks it’s worth a trip🙂

4 Likes

No rice in burritos? :exploding_head: Like, just meat in a tortilla, no ‘filler’? That wouldn’t be a bad thing but I’m not sure I’ve ever had a burrito without rice.