Little Rock

We’ll be in Little Rock for a few meals in the near future. Recommendations? I only have Sims on my list, and I’ll need something non-barbecue

Loblolly ice cream.

LaLa – Thanks! I’m confident someone will want ice cream.

1 Like

John, are you sure you want to go there? You might get excommunicated from The BBQ Dudes International Club.

:wink:

Sorry I couldn’t resist the joke, but also sorry I have no recommendations that aren’t 10+ years old.

1 Like

CCE. Something non-barbecue = happy wife, happy life.

I was warned against two barbecue lunch stops in one day in 2010.

2 Likes

LoL. I can see that happening.

And I’m going to contradict myself. I had to see if it was still there, and doing well review-wise (still 4.7 on Google). You might want to check the menus at The Pantry.

The menus aren’t extensive, but they have some German and Czech main dishes. They also now have specific GF and Veg menus if any in your party are interested in that.

2 Likes

Interesting. We’re just back from Prague – my first visit and Nancy’s first since 1969. (It’s changed a lot since then). If its in an historic neighborhood we may try to hit it for lunch

1 Like

LalLa, Thanks for the Loblolly recommendation! I gave you full credit – https://johntannersbbqblog.wordpress.com/2023/10/26/loblolly-creamery-little-rock-arkansas/

We really enjoyed our way there – the 10k tuned out to be 12k, but delightful

2 Likes

Another lace we really liked – the Faded Rose. Good Cajun food, and such a warm, friendly atmosphere. Fun place/

Doe’s is downtown. Good weather for tamales!

Alas, our only night available was Sunday, and the Doe’s there was closed. I do love the original! On my first visit, as I was sitting down, I noted the absence of menus, but I heard someone say “gumbo.” So I old the server I wanted a bowl of gumbo, and half dozen tamales, and a steak. “What size? We have small, medium and large.” With the gumbo and tamales, I asked for small. After I’d polished off the appetizers, she presented me with a 2 pound steak. Medium was 2 1/2 pounds, and large wa 4 1/2- 5 pounds. Good thing I’d ordered the gumbo. I ended up eating every bit of eat.

2 Likes