Lincroft inn closes

18 and life or youth gone wild

Gabba Gabba hey.

I have no idea how many times I only knew of the one I was there for. Tell jrcpa to email me on Chow Iā€™ll fill him in.

@VikingKaj that was a trick question the food has always been horrible, although I did have several company Holiday parties there. The banquet room was very nice for that with the separate entrance, bar and fireplace. As long as the menu was steak/chicken/broiled seafood they could pull it off.

To quote one of my friends in another context- Eeeeuw !!!

Hope you had plenty of Maalox in the ole wassail bowl !

Say it ainā€™t so, Joe.

First Dish, and now this.

I donā€™t know if I can take anymore.

I voiced my displeasure when the Lincroft Journal asked me for a quote (coming in the June issue, I believe). Iā€™ll share it here:

As a historian, it is sad to see a 300+ year old building torn down rather than restored/renovated, especially when that building is a restaurant. Unlike England and some other parts of the world where you canā€™t go 50 feet without stepping into a hundred-plus year old pub, here in the States, it is such a rare occurrence. Many dining establishments today, regardless of food quality, lack the character a historic and storied setting such as the Lincroft Inn would provide.

3 Likes

I drove by the day they were tearing it down. I was shocked. I could see into a bathroom. Fixtures were still in place (but not for much longer).

My understanding is that little, if anything, of the Lincroft Inn was still 300 years old. I am reminded of the paradox of Theseusā€™s Shipā€¦

1 Like

If I recall correctly an article I read said they saved some original beams for use (decorative Iā€™m sure) in the new structure. That there is preservation!!

1 Like