Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Welcome to HO, @Noosh!

1 Like

Welcome Noosh! (First time I’ve ever said that!!)

Yeah @naf is getting so many new friends!!

2 Likes

Welcome Noosh! Hope you have a nice eating trip in Paris. Looking forward your input in French or UK boards.

Finally, you beat @gcaggiano :rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome @Noosh !

1 Like

Hi to everyone. I’m new to the forum.

Here is my reply

1. Seattle
  2. Home cooking and eating while traveling
  3. My best friend cooks the best honey cake ever.
  4. I prefer to eat not to cook. But I have to cook well because I love eating tasty food.
17 Likes

Welcome Alice!

Welcome to Ho Island Alice glad that you are here.
Btw Would your friend be willing to share their recipe for Honey Cake?

2 Likes

Also interested!

1 Like

Hi! Thank you!
Sure, I’ll ask her :wink:

2 Likes
  1. Remote
  2. Spicy food (not to the extent that the flavor is masked, rather that the spiciness complements it)
  3. The country of Turkey, limes stuffed with coconut in Querétaro (Mexico), and Bangkok supermarkets
  4. I food blog at findingfoodfluency .com, and have a slowwwly growing YouTube channel under the same moniker. Also, I enjoy studying foreign languages; a big part of that is to be able to interpret menus.
7 Likes

Welcome! My DIL is from Turkey and she and son live in Turkey off and on.

1 Like

Nice, have you been to Turkey? Do you happen to know which part they’re from?

They live in Ereğli when they are not here in California. We have visited there, and of course Istanbul. We loved it!

10 Likes

Looking forward to your posts – and checking your blog.

Appreciate it!

Also, re: your username, if you could have any bbq right now, which would it be?

3 Likes

Nice Blog off to check out your YouTube Channel thanks for sharing !

@FindingFoodFluency,
Welcome to Hungry Onion !

3 Likes

Well, I’m just back from an eating trip to Eastern North Carolina (+5 lbs), where my favorite place is Bum’s Restaurant (I must admit I’m influenced by the sides). If I were in Texas, it would be brisket at Snow’s. In Memphis, Payne’s. For TN whole hog Ramey’s. And The Dixie Pig in AR is outstanding. Archibald’s ribs in AL. I think barbecue in particular is tied to place. I, too have a blog, johntannersbbqblog, and that’s searchable by place. Note that I very rarely eat barbecue in Florida and the Islands, and only once with pleasure in Europe.

5 Likes

Wow, John. That’s quite a fantastic resource you’ve got on your blog. Thanks!

4 Likes

Nice blogs. I too had a food quiz website until a week ago. I was hosting it on Amazon, and removed it from there to move to a new host for cheaper. Unfortunately his “service” was below zero. Now I must wait until I find a new host and set it up again. lol.

4 Likes

Keep us posted!

2 Likes