Lent fish fry season again Houston

The first week is always the best at the Polish Church on Blalock with longer lines as well. Starts at 530.

http://www.polishchurchhouston.com/en/news/584-FISH_FRY.html

2 Likes

Oh Baby.

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll pitch it to the posse.

PS Please move this to ā€œTEXASā€.

Thx.

1 Like

I tried apparently too late. Cash only, beer and wine available.

PS Please move this to ā€œTEXASā€.

Mods help me out.

Is it just on Fridays???

To get the mods attention, Flag a post. Theyā€™ll see it sooner than if you just mention it in your text.

I did it and they changed it. Fridayā€™s only and the Wifeacita stopped by for a plate and caveat emptor. The shrimp on the website with the ten dollar plate was fifteen and the catfish was twelve.

The fish pieces were small but tasty.

Weā€™re doing St. Jeromeā€™s on Kempwood and Hollister next week.

Thanks. Iā€™ll check churches around here. I know one just south of me on S. Gessner has held one in the past but I havenā€™t heard anything about it this year and have never heard much about it. Canā€™t get the website to load. Canā€™t get any Catholic Church website around here to load tonight for some reason.

ETA: found a Facebook page; no mention of a fish fry.

Where has this frickinā€™ week gone? I just saw this and realized I hadnā€™t cased any of the places around here and I just got in from working in the yard and wonā€™t be able to make it this week. Will try to remember next week.

1 Like

Me too.

I pitched it on too short of notice last week, but it totally slipped my mind this week.

Has anyone ever been to St. Basilā€™s on Eldridge for their Thursday spagetti lunch? Iā€™ve been planning to go for years. I just need to calendar it.

Iā€™ve told myself for years, ā€˜if Iā€™m ever up in that part of townā€¦ā€™ Hasnā€™t happened yet. And it has been years.

Said the same thing for years about the famous one on Airline, was it? And I used to know a couple of people who went to one at a church on Bissonnet in WUP. Havenā€™t heard about any of those in a long time.

Let us know what you find.

I took a drive. St. Albertā€™s on Gessner has no banner in the yard about a fish fry. St. Thomas More on Hillcroft does, with something about awards for best fried and best baked?? What??? is this a cook-off??? Will check into it further.

In the meantime, Iā€™m putting fish sticks on both my TJā€™s and Aldi shopping lists. Fish sticks is what we got in the school cafeteria on Fridays back a millenium ago when I was in school; Iā€™m getting nostalgic and misty eyedā€¦

2 Likes

I brown bagged it in elementary school except fish stick Friday, no ketchup please.

We did Saint Jeromeā€™s on Kempwood last night, more fish and less money than my friends at the Polish Church who have seriously let me down.

Saint Jeromeā€™s also has better desserts.