Legal Seafood Sold

Based on my last visit, clearly a change was needed.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This news caught my eye as well. Iā€™m a little saddened because certain locations of Legal used to be very reliable. Some locations were reliably disappointing, so thereā€™s that too.

Iā€™d expect that the stress the chain was under had more than a little do to with the poor experience you encountered there on your last visit. Sigh.

Another end of an era moment.

2 Likes

It sure is. Itā€™s been a long time since Legal was my choice when there were other options but I have very good memories of it from 20 years or more ago. I am sure I am not the only one on this board who remembers the original, paper plates and all.

2 Likes

In a Boston accent, itā€™s hard to tell the difference between ā€œend of an eraā€ and ā€œend of an errorā€.

1 Like

we used to go to the one in copley after a saturday matinee at the huntington and were never disappointed. their fried calamari was perfect.

but, i, too remember inman square. standing at the bar waiting for a shared tables, no credit cards, dishes brought out as they were ready so some peopleā€™s food got cold as the others waited.

4 Likes

I had forgotten that detail but you brought it right back. Good times.

2 Likes