Legal Seafood Peabody MA (North Shore Mall

Its September so that means new clothes! My husband and I headed south on rt 114 to the Nordstrom outlet “The Rack” and then over to the North Shore Mall.

And ended up at the bar at the Legal Seafoods. Early, not quite 5:30 we snagged 2 seats in front of one of the big screen TVs to watch the Sox.

Wine for me and an Improved gin and tonic for him. Pretty good wine selection and the cocktails were thoughful. No rush from the bar staff.
Lots of menus, always a challenge with LS.
Regular menu, daily special menu, sushi menu and its oyster month so a menu for that as well.
Oysters are not my thing but it was a pretty good selection (I think?)

We went with a cup of clam chowder each, which I do think is one of their stronger items.

I had a crab cake app that came with a salad. Very good, lots of fresh crab, not a lot of filler and a very respectful salad.
Husband ordered the Point Judith Calamari which was also very good.
No rolls this time (we try) but plenty of food for us.
They recently renovated, its a brighter space now, more inviting.

I know Legal doesn’t get a lot of love on the boards but it exactly worked for us tonight and in similar circumstances I would head that way again.

4 Likes

Back to Legals at the North Shore Mall after a walk through the PEM in Salem.
(if you are a Georgia O’Keefe fan I can not recommend her exhibit enough…a must see).
We sat at the bar again and each had a glass of wine.
We split the Shrimp wontons with seaweed salad and the crab cake with salad to start.
Really enjoyed the wontons, I had not had them before. A nice kinda of but not too spicy dipping sauce was a good accompaniment. The wrappers were not too thick which can be an issue.
And we ordered the fish and chips which they split in the kitchen for us with out an up charge. A lot of food but more importantly the fish was cooked perfectly.
Overall a very good meal.
Looks like Bancroft and Co, an offshoot of The Bancroft in Burlington and Gibbet Hill in Groton will be going in where PF Changs was, as well as a Tony C’s. Which I don’t really know.

2 Likes