Le Creuset Supercollectors

5 Likes

For you Le Creuset fans…is it all that fantastic ?

1 Like

I like my ECI, but it’s evenly divided between Staub & le Creuset. I have way too much of both, but in comparison to that article I’m a super minimalist … thank God.

2 Likes

Compared to say … Beanie Babies or tennis shoes?

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. swoon
I’m far from a super-collector. But I do have about 10pc of ECI, a few dozen assorted pc of stoneware, 3 of the SS skillets/saute pans, and one TNS (non-stick) skillet.
These pans are beautiful, sturdy, and will likely outlast me. I realize that not everyone will agree on how nice these pots are, but that’s what makes the world go round.

1 Like

for anyone wanting to catch up quickly …

https://www.costco.com/le-creuset-157-piece-ultimate-cookware-set.product.4000198635.html

1 Like

Apart from the enamelled stockpot, which easily chipped so it was donated, the rest of the pieces in my kitchen have been workhorses. Even my kids have requests in for when they get their own kitchen. I really would like that rice pot, but the price makes me cringe. I didn’t spend that much on all of the le Creuset pots and pans I own put together.

Interesting - most of the Costco collection isn’t ECI. I’ve always assumed that the driving force behind collecting le Creuset was the ECI. I will admit I have some of their tools — but no cookware other than ECI.

2 Likes

Pallet delivery included!
What a bargain.

2 Likes

ECI is definitely what they are known for, and if one is in it for the “collecting” only then that would be what to get.
But I buy to use it. I find the stoneware very versatile, especially serving pieces, and they can often be found at HomeGoods/TJX at good prices.
The Costco collection is a bit much, though. It’s only one color, and what’s the fun in getting everything at once?

2 Likes

My le Creuset and Staub colors are all over the place (well, they’re on baker’s racks, but you get my drift). On purpose.

3 Likes

I’m a “rainbow” collector too. Started out buying whatever was on sale, and I liked the look so I stuck with it.

3 Likes

I’m still lusting over that rice pot, also. Unless I come up with a better idea, I am asking Santa to bring it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oy.

3 Likes