Le 975, Paris 18

I have now posted on my blog about my lunch at Le 975.

2 Likes

Hey onz, nice write up and photos. I’m so glad you liked this place as much as we do. I wish I had time on this trip to go back there again.

No thanksgiving dinner for you last night? I remember when we lived in Paris long long ago we found a small store that specialized in selling American food and brands I tried to make an abbreviated thanksgiving dinner in our tiny apartment. I did get their canned (!) corn tortillas and made enchiladas a few times.

There was actually a place in the Marais, on Rue St Paul I think, called Thanksgiving, that sold American dry goods and groceries & brought in holiday food during… well, Thanksgiving. Probably 10 years or so ago.

1 Like

I remember a place like that on rue de Grenelle - long long ago. You could buy corn flakes and peanut butter, etc… Sometimes the woman who ran the store made a pan of brownies. I went in on such a day and bought one and asked if she could cut me an “interior” piece. She showed mock exasperation and told me that every American who bought a brownie told her exactly where they wanted their piece to come from! I told her “C’est normal”!

3 Likes

Next door to a hotel we really liked “Hotel de 7th Arts”

1 Like

I was down in Burgundy tasting fantastic wines from a great vintage. I had a nice, if simple, lunch in Nuits-Saint-Georges:

1 Like

I googled that place because the name and location seemed right but it’s only been open since 1990’s and I’m talking about a long time ago-1977! We had a studio apartment on Rue Des Ecoles and walking across to the 4th sounds like the right location. Maybe a precursor to our spot.

1 Like

I remember doubling over after seeing the prices of ordinary US packaged goods at Thanksgiving, particularly seasonal “necessities” like canned cranberries and pumpkin.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report - looks great. We’re staying on Rue Marcadet in a couple weeks. Hope they’re open sometime that holiday week.