Lago Maggiore (Italy) area recommendations?

We are heading back to Europe this summer (second half of July), this time with the 2.5 year old and a 6 month-old baby. But this time we’ll fortunately have help of grandparents.

We will be flying into Zurich, spending two nights near Lucerne, and then 7 nights in Baveno (which is on Lake Maggiore, just north of Stresa). We’re looking for great food recommendations of any kind, though definitely would love some family-friendly recs.

Other close by towns/areas we will likely visit are Verbania/Pallanza, Orta San Giulio, Stresa, Lesa, Arona, Omegna and Mergozzo.

We’ll largely be traveling by car, which we’ll be renting from Switzerland.

I didn’t see any obvious posts about these areas, but if anyone has been and has anything to suggest, I’d really appreciate it.

Still very grateful for all the advice we got last year for our amazing Portugal trip!

Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Sounds fun! No recommendations, but I will be following- love how intrepid you are traveling with kids!

3 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve been doing some research, and used Google Translate to help me with this article from Gambero Rosso, as well as a similar one about Lake Orta. There are some interesting things listed, including some speciality stores and markets, plus a bunch of restaurants that I never would have identified via Tripadvisor.

1 Like

I have nothing for Lago Maggiore but a couple of reccs for Lucerne area. and on the linked thread.
Havent used Tripadvisor much recently googlemaps searches seem to work better for us, in both cases you have to evaluate the reviews. You are doing the right thing trying to mine the local info sources like gambero rosso, tho beware they tend to be stylish in their recommendations.

1 Like