Labor Day Weekend trip to NYC

I’ve been, forgot to mention it. Lovely space, great hot chocolate.
(Food was fine, but not anything special for NYC.)

1 Like

Have you been to a tearoom that is special for NYC?

Yes. But my comment was about the food we ate.

Please do tell, thinking of going again on labor day weekend this year. Bosie Tea Parlor was my favorite, but it closed.

I ate at the Russian Tea Room about 50 years ago! I don’t think there was tea.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/05/business/russian-tea-room-ukraine-invasion/index.html

1 Like

@bmorecupcake According to the Russian Tea Room’s on-line menu, they have an afternoon tea service. Anyone who enjoys having tea (I don’t like it) should try the tea service there since the interior is special. The menu is on the website.

Note: We had dinner there once ages ago. At that time, the food was quite good. Spotted Max von Sydow seated along a banquette.

1 Like

Last time I went was perhaps 5-10 years ago, I was very underwhelmed, but perhaps that’s just me. Tea at the st Regis is an institution too, and for views the one at the mandarin oriental is nice too

1 Like

I haven’t done afternoon tea in a while, tbh. Really depends on what you are looking for.

Last I went was to Bergdorf, and it was fantastic. My friends who are very into the concept like the fancy aspects of the Baccarat but it’s a bit OTT for me. I that price range I’d go to the Carlyle.

In the more moderate price range, have you been to Alice’s? I like the UWS location. King’s Carriage House is another option. I don’t know if Lillie’s is still serving tea, it’s also got a kitschy charm. And if you’re going to the Met anyway, they used to serve tea at Petrie Court.

Thanks. Exactly the type of list I want. Hopefully we can leave upstate early enough tomorrow to visit one of these.

Decor matters, but most important for me is quality of tea, scratch-ness of the food, and then if they thought about pairings.

1 Like

Possibly of interest:

1 Like

Hope you enjoyed your trip — let us know what you ate when you can!

Did not make it to Manhattan. We passed by a bit too late on Sunday. We could have just made it in time, but I’ve learned over the years not to arrive an hour before closing on the Sunday before Labor Day. It’s all we’ve been talking about past few days. “How was your day? So when are we going to the Bergdorf?” (The “the” makes it fancier.) I think we’ll go this month – we have a Saturday free – to get it out of our systems. Can’t wait!

1 Like