La Riserva, Larchmont is a lush setting...

Sat down at La Riserva in Larchmont for a holiday meal with an old friend and took a look around. A major renovation of this 38 year old restaurant completed earlier this year is stunning! The new lush red ceiling in the dining rooms fit the holiday mood perfectly. Complementary bruschetta started our palates off as we considered the menu and daily specials. We shared an order of Orrecchietti di Accadia, with pancetta, oven dried tomatoes, arugula and bread crumbs, an ode to Chef/Proprietor Michael Vivolo’s hometown in Italy, and it was delicious. We followed by splitting a fresh Wild Sea Bass (Branzino) simply prepared with lemon, herbs and capers, and a side order of broccoli rabe. Oh yes, we also went for two portions of Linzer Torte for dessert. A really good meal served by a very friendly staff…

1 Like

I report this with great sadness…Michael Vivolo, original founding partner of La Riserva in Larchmont, passed away this past weekend. He was a fine man and a classic restaurateur. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family…RIP Michael.
La Riserva will continue to operate with son Dean Vivolo at the helm. Dean also owns Trattoria Vivolo in Harrison.

Sad news. I’m sorry. :frowning: