La Panetiere, Rye is blossoming right now!

It was like taking a mini-vacation. Pulling up to La Panetiere in Rye with its lush flowery landscaping, the lovely country French house. And the charm of entering the beautifully appointed dining room. I had not dined at proprietor Jacques Loupiac’s long-running French restaurant on Milton Road in quite some time. Having missed Bastille Day, I was looking forward to the experience. I chose to come for lunch when they offer a reasonably-priced 2-courses for $25, or 3-courses for $32.
For openers I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc that fit this warm summer afternoon perfectly with the help of Stephane, the maître d’. A good crusty baguette and butter was delivered to the table. First course: Duet of Red Beet Roots and Granny Smith Apples, green mustard sorbet and green herbs salad. It sent my palate flying into foodie heaven. So refreshing! Second course: Sauteed Atlantic Halibut layered with basil crust, yellow wax beans, snow and sugar snap peas. Delicious! For dessert: Napoleon of Arlette Biscuit with raspberries, chiboust cream, and mixed berry coulis. A wonder of favors! Each course had been artfully plated, too. Gazing around this beautiful dining room during my meal was very pleasurable. It felt nice to be pampered for a while. It was the best way to visit Paris without leaving Westchester.
The dress code has been relaxed, so smart casual is fine. A new Vegetarian menu is available as well.
Cards in the lounge area announced a 32nd Anniversary Event to take place here August 8 thru 10, and August 15 thru 17, featuring multi-course dinners for $90 per person; $140 with optional wine pairing. An accordionist will be playing traditional French melodies tableside. Reservations are a must, of course. I will report on the actual menu asap…