[Kuching, Malaysia] Meat & Rice

I spent just over a week in Kuching in total with a few trips out of Kuching. Rather than individual meal reports (apart from Leapau) or one very long post I’ve split them up into broad meal types.

Hainanese Chicken rice @
Hock King Authentic Chicken Rice
Lot 163, Hock King Cafetaria, 103, Lorong 7 & Jalan Ban Hock, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

Lovely moist chicken and good flavoured rice. Standards were maintained across 3 visits. Soup was a bit insipid on the first but was far better the second and third time.

Pork Leg Rice@
Fook Seng Cafe
240, 228, Jalan Padungan, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

I was on my way to Noodle Descendents but it’s closed until 21st of May. So went for pork leg rice at Fook Seng instead. This place is a few doors down.
The special pork leg rice was delicious. Lovely tender pork, full flavoured pork soup. The curry and veg soup was a nice addition.

Braisef pork belly and rice @
Tian Lee Fod Centre
243, Jalan Padungan, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

Virtually opposite Fook Seng Cafe. Very handy as it’s open in the evenings when quite a few places aren’t. There are several stalls.
Very soft pork with nice star anise flavour coming through. I liked the soup as it offset the sweetness of the pork. I also added an egg.

Nasi Lemak with lamb curry@

Young 66 Cafe
Jalan Abell, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

A little hard to find it’s next door to Chong Chooon behind City Inn. Lovely fluffy rice with a proper amount of peanuts and ikan bilis. The lamb curry was beautifully tender and there was marrow left in the bones which I love. One of the better nasi lemaks I’ve had.

More to follow, once I can find decent WiFi. Uploading the photos has been a real struggle.

3 Likes