[Kuching, Malaysia] Kaya toast and other.

Kaya toast@

Chong Choon Cafe
275, Jalan Chan Chin Ann, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

This place was packed but had the advantage of sharing a table with and chatting to locals. The couple we met recommended the laksa which I tried on a subsequent visit.
Very good breakfast of thick kaya toast and soft boiled egg. Followed by toast with peanut butter and condensed milk. Needed more condensed milk ( I think I’ve been in Asia too long g). The kaya toast was definitely the winner l, rich and delicious. Also the coffee was served in a mug. A classic Kopitiam coffee should come in a small cream and green cup with some spilled down the side. You have to order the egg from the main counter rather than the stall itself.

Gelato @
Scoops at Trio Cafe
6-7 Main Bazzar Kuching

Lovely gelato from the Scoops stall outside Cafe Trio. The soursop was nice and refreshing and also went well with the other flavour of coconut with toasted coconut on top. Perfect in the heat. 14RM for one scoop but worth it for the quality.

Flat white @ Iced Cappuccino @
Indah House Cafe
No 38, Upper China Street off, Carpenter St, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
I’ve been in Asia for 15 months now and this is the first decent flat white I’ve had. Rich and strong and a proper small size. The iced coffees was equally good.

2 Likes