[Kuala Lumpur] Sunday brunch options at Sitka, Damansara Heights - CLOSED

Sitka is one of the more interesting F&B outlets at the cluster of eateries at Jalan Batai, Damansara Heights. Its offerings satisfy the needs of young KL-lites who preferred modern-fusion dishes over local, traditional brunch items. The Damansara Heights neighbourhood is also pretty cosmopolitan, with a relatively large market of potential clientele who’re willing to experiment with new styles of cooking. Sitka is wedged between Tori (a Japanese yakitori spot) and Ekkamai (a sleek Thai bistro).

1. Aubergine & Portobello - honey-miso-marinated vegetables & millet, with carrot dressing. It was breathtakingly beautiful, almost like a Jackson Pollock painting, but tasted light & refreshing.

1. Buttermilk fried chicken on a waffle, with fried duck’s, honey-hot sauce & aioli. More-ish, and I liked the way the chef ignored any cultural barriers, but simply put together a dish which tastes good: imagine crisp, batter-fried chicken drizzled with copious amounts of sweet honey-hot pepper sauce and creamy aioli. And topped with a fried egg!

1. Brisket Hash, with sweet potatoes, onions and 64degC egg - this was another well-thought out, excellent dish with textures that were to-die for.

1. Salted almond caramel mille crepe, with toffee popcorn & vanilla ice-cream. This is like someone’s childhood fantasy came alive! Every single component of the dessert plate: from the caramelly mille crepe to the toffee-covered popcorn to the creamy ice-cream screamed “Eat Me!”. Sheer decadence.

Address
Sitka
8-6, Jalan Batai, Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: :+6014-968 8949
Open daily: 9am-10pm

4 Likes

Sadly, this nifty restaurant which serves beautiful plates of food has become yet another victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has wrecked havoc on the F&B industry.

My word! What a lovely plate!

Fortunate that the owners have pledged a return.

1 Like

Only the start of it, unfortunately.

1 Like