[Kuala Lumpur] Proof Pizza + Wine

APW Bangsar’s newest eatery is Proof Pizza + Wine, which serves some of the best pizzas in KL at the moment.

The wood-fired ovens have temperatures soaring to 350 deg Celsius.

Only two salads on the smallish menu. We chose the Pear & Mesclun, which also contained pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, toasted pecans, with honey-lemon-lavender dressing.

The sole pizza-woman worked efficiently to churn out what are, at the moment, the best pizzas in KL.

The pizzas which we had were delish - crisp outer crusts and spongey, feather-light centres, with generous toppings:

1. Luganega Sausage Pizza, with cauliflower, sausage, egg, feta cheese, pesto and yoghurt.

1. La Americano, which came with hickory-smoked bacon, broccoli, mozzarella, Gorgonzola and cherry tomatoes.

1. Umbrian Black Truffle Pizza, with mixed mushrooms, black truffle paste, and tallegio.

2. Pizza Polpa de Granchio, with crab claw meat, herbed pesto, mozzarella, pecorino romano, lemon zest and cherry tomatoes.

Desserts on offer were only homemade ice-cream - 4 flavours to choose from. I opted for the coffee-flavoured. It wasn’t as creamy as I’d preferred.

The place is currently very popular, and probably can seat 30 at the most, so do book ahead, even on weekdays.

Address
Proof Pizza + Wine
APW Bangsar
Jalan Riong, Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2788-3613
Operating hours: Lunch Wed-Sun 12.15pm-3pm, Dinner Tue-Sun 6.15pm-10.30pm

2 Likes

Legit wood fired action!

1 Like

Those pizzas look fantastic. Funnily enough I was having a conversation last night with some travellers from Argentina sbout what we missed while in Asia and good pizza was high on everyone 's list. I hope they had a light hand with the lavender in that dressing. With the feta there’s some strong flavours.

Anyway I’ll be in KL in a few weeks and now I’ve shown the missus the pictures a visit is pretty much non negotiable.

1 Like

Message me when you do come, Chris. See whether I’m in KL at the time. Am in Penang towards 3rd or 4th week of April, and in Singapore 1st/2nd weeks of May. But may pop by KL every now & then.

Will do Peter. We fly out of KL to Jakarta on 17th April and so will probably stay 3 nights 14th to 16th.

1 Like