[Kuala Lumpur] Pork noodles at Kedai Kopi Yuyi

Back to Restoran Yuyi again last Sunday for the pork noodles there. KL-style pork noodles tend to be rather heavy, and replete with various ingredients like minced pork, pork slivers, pig’s liver, pig’s intestines and pig’s blood. Either Chinese lettuce or white cabbage, scallions, golden-fried garlic and shallots add to the rich flavours. Some diners, including me, couldn’t resist having an egg added in towards the end of the cooking process, lightly poached so the molten yolk would flow out at a prick to enrich the broth further.

Had to wait for nearly an hour for our bowls of porky goodness, as the noodle vendor cooked each order individually. We ordered one bowl with thin rice noodles (beehoon/米粉):

And one with yellow Hokkien noodles (mee/福建麵):

The pork noodle stall has been operating here for over 30 years, but its opening hours are pretty erratic these days. Although its official closing days are Tuesdays, don’t be surprised if it happens to be closed on other days, unannounced. So, do prepare a backup plan when you make your journey down to Pudu - not too difficult really, since the neighbourhood is full of other good dining options.

I didn’t get a chance to speak to the notoriously evasive vendor, and he’s busy fulfilling his long line of orders anyway, so I was a bit reluctant to break his rhythm.

Address
Pork noodles stall at Kedai Kopi Yuyi
2, Lorong Brunei 2, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur
Opening hours: 7am-12pm, daily except Tuesdays.

6 Likes