[Kuala Lumpur] Naughty Nuri's at Desa Sri Hartamas

Naughty Nuri’s from Bali makes a landfall in Kuala Lumpur with its rich pork-laden menu. Not as spicy as its Ubud original, but the KL outlet - located in the middle of a busy, affluent suburb, certainly attracts the crowd:

1. Spam Fries - meaty, sinful version of the usual fries. But it was really good.

1. Makassar Pork-rib Soup. This one tasted more like a rich Chinese stew than a Balinese soup - perhaps to cater to KL’s large Chinese middle-class - Naughty Nuri’s main market here.

1. Naughty Nuri’s Signature Roast Pork Salad. This was decadent, and absolutely scrumptious - loved the crisp-skinned pork belly bits - luxurious version of lardons.

1. Naughty Nuri’s Signature BBQ Pork-ribs. Naughty Nuri’s claim-to-fame and done pretty well here. The kicap manis-chilli dip was sweet and fiery-hot, as expected for Balinese cuisine.

1. Chicken satay. Very good - but one lesson I learnt today: never order chicken side-by-side with pork at Naughty Nuri’s - the strong assertive flavours in the pork dish would render any chicken dish afterwards pretty bland by comparison.

1. Indo Mie Goreng - this dish did nothing for me here: bland-tasting and unimaginatively plated. Skip this - Indomie Goreng that comes out of a packet tastes inestimably better.

1. One of Naughty Nuri’s inventive savoury-sweet desserts: Sizzling Bacon Chocolate Ice-cream. The savoury bacon bits provide a nice contrast to the sweet chocolate.

1. Savoury dessert #2: Bacon banana fritters with Australian honey, cheddar cheese and chocolate sauce, served with vanilla ice-cream.

1. I’d skip the coffee here - lacked body & aroma.

Naughty Nuri KL has a more extensive menu than its Penang counterpart, and a much nicer vibe than the Singapore outlet. Of course, nothing beats the original in Ubud, Bali.

Address:
Naughty Nuri’s @ Desa Sri Hartamas
20/70A, Jalan Sri Hartamas 22
Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 19-339 9611 (Opens daily 12 noon - 12 midnight)

2 Likes