[Kuala Lumpur] Modern-Asian at Duddha, Suria KLCC **CLOSED**

The latest eatery to hit Suria KLCC’s constantly changing dining scene is inventive and provides a mix of familiar traditional flavours in unusual combinations. Helmed by Chef Jet Lo, formerly of Ding Dong @ Ann Siang Hill in Singapore, Duddha brings modern-Asian cooking to new heights in KL.

A couple of their inventive cocktails:
Sour-Nya: Gordon Gin, turmeric, yuzu & calamansi juice.

Cool Down: Ketel One, yellow pear & Chinese wolfberries.

Burnt Japanese eggplant with crab meat, dried shrimp and spring onions.

Bao with seared foie gras, banana, crispy onions and kim chi.

Homemade spiced lamb sausage with blue pea flower glutinous rice & black pepper sauce.

Wagyu beef tartare with watermelon, cucumber & shallot pickles, served with papadum.

Wagyu beef char-siew with pickled papaya, homemade chili sauce and charred spring onions.

Green curry saltwater barramundi with coconut, bone marrow rice & pomelo salad.

Hamachi tartare with avocado, brown coconut, pickled ginger and ginger flower, and sea grapes.

Sous vide duck curry with passionfruit, raw cauliflower & cherry tomatoes.
Duck was crispy-skinned and lovely. Sauce was way too salty so I skipped that. No sight of cherry tomatoes, though.

5-spice lamb ribs with apricot ginger sauce. One of the must-tries - lamb ribs were melt-in-the-mouth tender, with crisp crust. The fruity sauce from the “Squeeze Me” tube complemented the ribs beautifully.

Homemade pancake with spiced, minced chicken and kaffir lime-yoghurt.

48-hours Wagyu beef cheek rendang, with puffed rice and crispy herbs.

Cempedak brownie with sour cream.
Lightest brownie ever. Cempedak scent/flavour did not quite come through.

Caramelised pumpkin rice cake with smoked coconut ice-cream.
The smoked ice-cream was ingenious and absolutely scrumptious. Pumpkin cake was not quite there yet - had a sourish after-taste which did not quite agree with my palate.

Light banana sponge with peanut butter ice-cream, lime and chili.

Popcorn, red bean gel, sweetcorn sorbet, pandan jelly, milk wafer and Kopiko ice-cream.

5 Likes

Duddha is now permanently closed. The writing was on the wall ever since its founding chef, Jet Lo, left.