[Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia] Sisters' Curry Noodles at Sea Park

Breakfast yesterday was at the much talked-about Sisters’ Curry Noodles in Sea Park, Petaling Jaya. The two siblings, Wong Ah Moi, 59, and Wong Ka Chee, 57, have been plying their trade here at Sum Fatt Kee for more than 25 years.

Kuala Lumpur-style curry noodles differed from Singapore-style curry noodles where the former is garnished with chicken, tofu puffs, blood cockles and long beans, with calamansi lime provided on the side, whereas the latter has a slightly “sweeter” curry, garnished with chicken, tofu puffs, sliced fish-cake and potatoes.

KL-style curry noodles

Comparatively, Singapore-style curry noodles (my fave spot back in Singapore is at Heng Kee)

My favourite regional curry noodle is the Penang-style one, with shrimps, blood cockles, tofu puffs, cuttlefish, pig’s blood pudding and mint leaves. Best ever.

Back to Kuala Lumpur, and at Sisters’ Curry Noodles here - their “sweeter”, less spicy version suits me more than for some KL-lites, who claimed this version is too mild for their liking.

Address
Sisters’ Curry Laksa at Sun Fatt Kee Kopitiam
2, Jalan 21/11B, Sea Park
46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +6012-258 3452
Opening hours: 7am to 3pm daily, except Thursday

6 Likes

Nice. I like tofu puffs and pig’s blood “tofu” a lot.

Just made a couple of meals recently with the puffs and ginger-garlic meatballs.

1 Like