Nobu Kuala Lumpur, perched on the 56th floor of the Petronas Tower 3, introduced the “Japanese high-tea” late last year - a set of savouries & sweets to serve two, with killer views over Kuala Lumpur’s central business district and beyond.
We were there for tea last Sunday afternoon - the set was well-presented, but had lesser variety than expected. The savouries tray:
- Soft-shell crab karaage
- Nobu tacos, with lobster & scallops.
- Kazunoko (herring roe), topped with bonito shavings
- Toro tartare, with caviar.
The sweet tray, served after the savouries:
- Almond financier, served in a teacup, covered with a chocolate “lid”. A hot sauce is poured, melting the chocolate lid, filling the cup & soaking into the cake below:
- Matcha green tea cake, topped with Azuki bean paste.
- Creamy miso mousse with chocolate cake
- Yuzu mille-feuille
Nobu Kuala Lumpur
Level 56, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC
Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2164 5084
Mon-Fri 12noon - 2pm (lunch), 6pm-10.30pm (dinner)
Sat & Sun 1pm-4pm (Hi-tea), 6pm-10.30pm (dinner)