[Kuala Lumpur] Best steak in KL at Marble 8, KLCC Tower 3

Marble 8, now at its new location on Level 56 of the KL City Centre Tower 3, has some of the best Continental cuisine in KL, including the best-tasting steak I’d ever had in the city.

The main dining room has a clubby atmosphere and killer views of the city.

Bread baskets are not a strong suit among KL’s continental restaurants. This one was no different - some dry-ish, flavourless buns and a couple of run-of-the-mill dips - sun-dried tomato and olive tapenade (ho-hum).

The Jungle Bird cocktail - 5-year-old Angostura, Campari, pineapple juice, lime juice & syrup - fared much better.

1. Salad course: Bresaola with 32-month aged Parmigiano-Reggiano & rucola. Miserly proportions - perhaps catering to small KL appetites.

2. Pennoni with Wagyu beef Bolognese - full-flavoured. Finally, my lunch is on-track.

3. Grilled Black Angus filet mignon with roasted asparagus spears & Bearnaise sauce - smallish piece of steak, but absolutely bursting with flavours. Singularly the best-tasting piece of beef I’d had in KL ever.

1. Dessert of the day - unimaginative. I can buy something as good, if not actually better, off the supermarket shelves.

Overall, a nice meal in a swanky environment. I’d rate the ambience 8/10, service 7/10 and food 5/10, except for the steak: 9/10.

Address
Marble 8
Level 56, Menara 3 PETRONAS
Persiaran KLCC, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3-2386 6030
Opening hours: 12noon-2.30pm (lunch), 7pm-11pm (dinner), daily

3 Likes

Was it a lunch menu you have ordered? [quote=“klyeoh, post:1, topic:10559”]

Isn’t it the trend to have tiny proportions and lots of dishes? But this looks like more like a classic meal and not a creative venture.

As for the sauce, was it chili or dried tomatoes? The green one was tapenade?

Very nicely presented the food and the place.

1 Like

Yes, I had the lunch menu. The dips were sun-dried tomatoes and olive tapenade. Not very imaginative.