Korean bbq

Looking for a high end Korean bbq restaurant to take 15-20 people. High end and good.
Looking to you all for suggestions.
Thanks!

What part of NJ?

If Fort Lee, then Wooga is the obvious choice I suppose.

https://www.thewooga.com/

Thanks. That looks great. However it may be a bit too far north for some folks. Anything a bit south from there?

Not really. Most of the stuff in Hoboken and/or Jersey City is not really notable, and do not fit your criteria, i.e. not high end, and generally AYCE.

Butcher 360 in North Brunswick. Not high end, but lots of fun (K-Pop videos) and tasty.

1 Like

@joonjoon may have some suggestions in the Edison area. I wish I could help, but I don’t know what’s there these days!

Not sure how high end you’re looking for, but outside the fort lee area the only real choice is edison. I would recommend keum ho. Chung sol bat is good but they stopped using the table grill and that’s a deal breaker for me.

Butcher 360 is ok but ayce and not “high end”.

Outside those areas, woodam is morris plains is pretty decent.

2 Likes

According to Yelp Chung Sol Bat has permanently closed. It was our go to Korean Restaurant for years although it did seem like it was slipping the last couple of times we went.

What a shame. It seemed like they were doing good business the last time I went, but I can’t imagine KBBQ aficionados returning to a place that doesn’t do tabletop BBQ… that’s like the whole point of it!

It’s not high end, but the best place for Korean BBQ in central Jersey is Kimchihana. They’re the only place in the area that still does coal-fired bbq. Their banchan are all tasty too.

1 Like

For those wondering, it’s in S. Plainfield. Here’s their website.

2 Likes