OK I can’t resist today so I went. These were the dishes we tried. Please keep in mind this is a 3 week old restaurant so the caveat is its unknown how the restaurant will eventually turn out.
- almond cream filled lava bun. Highlight of the meal. warm almond-y goodness. almost tempted to get a second serving.
- coconut goji berry osmanthus jelly cake. Delicate, subtle, not very sweet, and cheap (M). Gelatin layer with goji berry on top and coconut layer at the bottom.
Nice, not better than other dim sum joints:
- Shrimp pork & Mushroom Shui Mai,
- Durian puff
- Sea Scallop Dumpling w/ Black Truffle- mushy skin, oversteamed.
- spinach & shrimp dumpling topped with XO sauce- XO sauce is ordinary
- Steamed pork rib over rice roll
- Seamed Beef Ball
- BBQ pork puff
- minced beef rice roll
- espresso coffee ribs (I have not had this dish at the Daly City branch, even though this dish seems to be recommended frequently there)
- baked taro paste bun
1 hour 45 minutes wait. got ticket at 11:25. they can probably use 20% more staff.
$95 for 4.5 people.
The roasted pig slice is $22, I didn’t get it today.