King Charles III's official "coronation quiche" recipe raises some eyebrows

Can’t take credit. Read it somewhere and thot it was the official name.

4 Likes

Possession is 9/10’s of the law, as people used to say.
And you had it first on HO!

3 Likes

Mrs PB made it on Monday night with a couple of additions. We are pretty ambivalent about the royals but happened to have most of the ingredients to hand, some which needed using up. We had frozen edamme beans rather than broad beans. Also added some kale that needed using and Mrs PB added asparagus that I had meant to go on the side , (bit of miscommunication there). Finally some taleggio cheese, which was getting a bit too stinky was dotted on top

Mrs PB was disappointed with it straight out of the oven, it tasted much better and had a much better texture at room temperature the day after.

I will say one thing. Even with the strong taleggio cheese it was pretty bland.

7 Likes

I think it would likely be a better dish if one swapped the tarragon for a ton of fresh basil.

Maybe they could have asked Nigel Slater to rename his pie instead of inventing a quiche :joy:

2 Likes

I’d rather have his mom’s coronation chicken

(And many other sources)

3 Likes

The amazing Cauliflower…………………. has some Coronation Cauliflower recipes, you know, since The King likes his veggies.

I like cauliflower, and I like my veggies, and I suspect I’m more fun in the kitchen than :prince:

2 Likes

https://ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes/curried-egg-and-cauliflower-salad

3 Likes

I suspect that any and all of us are more fun in the kitchen than that one.

2 Likes

A Washington Post writer attempts the coronation quiche, and has some problems with the original recipe. Mods worked. Gift link:

https://wapo.st/3p1iS6W

3 Likes

If his most favorite dish is ’ boiled eggs '!! Any food related news or information coming from this weird monarch is no surprise!!

2 Likes

Although a quiche lover, the recipe doesn’t float my boat at all. Yuck in fact.

4 Likes

I love a good quiche - rich and buttery and savory. This ain’t it, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Right? What a weird, IMO choice!

He’s kind of weird so I guess it’s in keeping. I have a friend who’s an ex pat - has lived in the UK for decades, who is “not excited” over the festivities. Must be the food …

1 Like

Ha - ya think? I know garlic is a big no no for the BRF, but even so, many ways to come up with better recipes!

1 Like

I love hard boiled eggs! Maybe I’ll be king someday.

4 Likes

This UK person will be at the “bollocks to the monarchy, let’s shoot the bastards” demo on Saturday. If you have nothing better to do than watch the telly coverage, I’m the bloke not wearing yellow amongst the demonstrators.

Not that I am a republican that stands a nautical mile to the left of your man Bernie Sanders(sp?). Just a middle of the road social democrat.

1 Like

Liking or loving is one thing. But ’ MOST FAVORITE ’ food amongst all food??!!

As for ‘this Charles’. I used to live in an apartment whilst growing up. My nanny served me boiled eggs for breakfast almost every day. I got so fed up and sick of it, I threw them out of the window when nobody was watching!! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I thought the garlic ban was because of Her RH. Maybe they can go forward in culinary explorations with the new leader.

1 Like