Kind Burger Fair Haven

love it … thx

2 Likes

And yet we now see how contexts may change, and sentiments that were once specific may be applied to all vegan food.

From the foregoing you may assume that I have some sentiments regarding vegan.

Speaking of hunting delicious animals, we stopped at the gun store in Belmar on the way back from lunch. I love that place, yum, venison.

The gun store were surprisingly serving complimentary pastries from the Scone Pony in Spring Lake which were just amazing. I’m going to have to check that Poney out, they also pull a 4.7 on Google reviews.

1 Like

Mini me!!

1 Like

Really ? Seriously ? The Loving Hut ?

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

That is just so wrong.

I hope the waitresses are cute…

Does The Loving Hut celebrate Hummerfest?

Seriously, you didn’t expect me to drive by that one and not hit the brakes…

Don’t get the crabs at the Loving Hut…

Never got crabs, but the shrimp are very good!!! (No joke they have tofu fried shrimp, hard to tell not the real thing)

1 Like

Oh yes The Scone Pony scones are fantastic!! And I’m generally not a scone fan… I love the cranberry orange the most, but I haven’t tried one yet that hasn’t been delicious.

My friend had a doughnut and swooned. I went for a turnover which was really good too.

We just had lunch so we didn’t get to the scones, but there were some in the box that looked good.

I’m still looking for a good bakery down here, especially for rye and whole grain bread, so I am going to have to do a scout out at Scone P.

Sorry, but that name alone just doesn’t sound right, I was gonna say eeuuw again, but I’ll accept your word on this.

My guess, however, is that it’s more likely I’ll be hittin up the Keyport Fishery for the non-tofu fried shrimp…

Listen, I’m telling you right now I could give you their “tofu” burger and outside possible the consistency you would be hard pressed to believe it wasn’t a real burger. It was VERY surprising. Even their tofu cheese steak is passable, but the shrimp thing is downright good. Trust me I’m not one to try and blow smoke up anyone’s ass about vegan food, but this place is above any other I have tried, not that I’ve tried many.

1 Like

Viking, the bread at Tallula’s in AP is FANTASTIC, although I’m not sure if they rotate what kind they make–worth a call to ask, and you’ve got to get there early in the day to grab a loaf. The owners were breadmakers before they embarked on pizza and really know what they’re doing! A few of the dishes they serve come with pieces of their delicious bread.

And while I haven’t had it yet, Medusa Woodfired Pizza is also selling/making bread–using grains from one of the local breweries, if I’m not mistaken.

ETA that the only place that my dad will buy rye bread these days is Aldi, because he says it’s the real deal…but obviously packaged, not fresh.