Key West, Florida

We’re just back from a lovely trip to Key West, and I’ve posted reviews of a number of good places to eat there without getting into a mosh pit – also two great places to stay that are at a safe but accessible distance from Duval Street (which is mostly okay until after dinner hours), They’re all on https://johntannersbbqblog.wordpress.com You can catch them all and last year’s reviews by searching “Key West”

1 Like

I read the Key West reviews on your blog. Everything sounds wonderful! If you are a mystery fan (and obviously someone with a big interest in food), you should check out Lucy Burdette’s Key West food critic mysteries. I’ve never been to Key West, but, thanks to Lucy’s books, I feel like I have. She lives there and writes about all the places you mentioned. She includes some recipes too.

Thanks! I’m a mystery fan and it’s especially fun to read location-specific books. I had several voting rights cases involving Navajo and Pueblo voters in nM and AZ, and loved the Tony Hillerman novels. ( Actually I prefer the Golden Age mysteries, but I doesn’t get invited to country houses … ever).

1 Like

Have you read Anne Hillerman’s continuations of her father’s books? I like them even better!

I’ve read several of her books, but don’t like them quite as much. They tend to tilt a bit more to personal relationships rather than the culture and the crime. But then, I’m a guy.

That’s probably why I like them better since I’m not a guy! Not sure which Golden Age mystery series to recommend. The ones I like (Her Royal Spyness, etc.) are pretty girly.