Kewpie Mayo/Japanese mayo

“…Kewpie Mayo is great in brownies, and if you like grilled cheese sandwiches, then a good smear of Kewpie in your grilled cheese will make you reconsider what the term “heavenly” really means.”

The mayo or the dressing or both? The dressing seems to have more ingredients

Good stuff. I think it is simply because I grew up with it.

The Kewpie Mayo is great in brownies. It’s also great in grilled cheese.

1 Like

Given the short list of ingredients, this would seem rather simple to concoct freshly at home (with a working glass and coil whisk). Toasted sesame seeds are the magical ingredient. $12/30 oz is fairly steep for mayo and sesame seeds. And 30 oz. sounds like a lot to go through while fresh.
(I sound peckish because it is a constant fight to keep our fridge free of half bottles of “taste of the month” condiments.)

1 Like

If you ever find yourself with a leftover bottle of Kewpie you worry might be turning stale, just let me know. I will come right over and take care of that problem for you.

1 Like

You should have a contest and send a bottle to the winner.

Person who can down a bottle of Kewpie the fastest?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that negate winning the prize?

As someone with condimentia, I both have opened containers in my fridge that go back YEARS, and appreciate your qualms about the room taken up by a 30oz bottle. But it does come in smaller bottles, costing more per ounce.

Right now I am wondering about blending citrus honey mustard dressing with the Kewpie sesame dressing as a crudité dip! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum::heart_eyes:

3 Likes